Skip to Main Content


Important Information for other Public Housing Authorities:
HAN is currently billing any incoming ports until further notice. If you are a public housing authority and would like more information regarding HAN's portability process, please contact HAN's HCV team via email.

Information for Housing Choice Voucher Holders Looking to Relocate to the City of Newnan.
If you are interested in porting your Housing Choice Voucher to Newnan, you must first contact the public housing authority (PHA) that is administering your voucher to determine if you are eligible. Your PHA must be told we are billing all housing authorities.

If you are found eligible, your PHA will have you sign a voucher and send the appropriate documents by mail, fax, or email to the Housing Authority of Newnan's HCV Department. If your documents are complete and we have a contact number, you will be called and given an appointment to review the portability process, fill out paperwork, and get scheduled for a briefing date to receive your HAN voucher and begin your search for a unit. If HAN does not have your contact information, you must contact HAN's HCV team via email or call 770.683.8216.

For Current Newnan Housing Choice Voucher Holders Who Wish to Transfer (OUTSIDE) the Jurisdiction of the Newnan Housing Authority.
For Newnan Housing Authority voucher holders who wish to transfer or "port," their Section 8 vouchers to a location outside our jurisdiction must first speak with their case manager for further eligibility requirements.

Vouchers emailed to the HCV Coordinator.
Faxed: 770-253-0030,
or mailed to:

Housing Authority of Newnan
ATTN: HCV Coordinator
48 Ball Street
Newnan, GA 30263